Yaks are divided by color into the following categories:
- Imperial: black hair with a black nose.
- Black: black hair with a gray nose
- Trim: black hair with white trim usually on the forehead, feet and tip of tail.
- Royal: black and white hair (like Holstein cows).
- Golden: light brown to golden color (from a recessive gene).
- Woolly: longer and thicker hair coat.
Bijou Spun Fingering Weight, 100% Yak Yarn
Bijou Spun Tibetan Dream Sock Yarn
another blog knitter, Julie in Maryland,
Color Affection by Veera Valimaki (Ravelry)
Yak - Bamboo yarn
in reading about YAKS
i found they are totally used in every aspect
God created a multi-purpose animal
for us here on earth!
now, where are my 'sticks' & 'string'??!!!